Many people never consider how easy it is to take advantage of someone looking for condos or chalets rentals in Tremblant. Very few give it a second thought and even fewer take the necessary steps to make sure the person they are renting from is legitimate.
Scammers are very active in the vacation rental industry. If you are looking for condos or chalets rentals in Tremblant there are many precautions you can take to void a potential scam. Below are a few quick tips on how to prevent being scammed:
- Spend some time browsing the internet and select properties or rental companies that have a strong online appearance. In other words, focus on the properties that appear over-and-over again in search results.
- Rent from a legitimate company that has been in business for a few years
- Beware of deals that are too good to be true
- Verify that the property you intend to rent is properly licensed
- Request information directly from the owner of any chalet rentals in Tremblant you wish to rent
- ALWAYS pay with a credit card and NEVER use Western Union wire cash. A legitimate property rental will almost always take credit cards.
- Make sure that the owner or Management Company is located in Mont Tremblant
- Stay away from sites notorious for scammers such as Craigslist or kijiji.
- If the contact number in the ad is private or unlisted number make sure you call several times to make sure that it is legitimate
- Always conduct a thorough due diligence
- Look at the amount of reviews a property has. The more reviews the less chance it is a scam
- Analyze the quality of the images provided
- And most importantly, if something doesn’t feel right, don’t book the property!