Follow Us On Social Media:


Rentals & the CITQ

CITQ’S definition of a Tremblant vacation home rental

In Quebec, establishments such as a Tremblant vacation home rental are governed by the Act Respecting Tourist Accommodation Establishments. This act defines tourist accommodations in Tremblant as being:


“Any establishment in which at least 1 accommodation unit is offered for rent to tourists, in return for payment, for a period not exceeding 31 days, on a regular basis in the same calendar year and the availability of which is made public is a tourist accommodation establishment.”


The CITQ is responsible for issuing classification certificates to improve the quality of services for tourist accommodations in Tremblant such as Tremblant vacation home rentals. However, only the establishments that comply with the zoning by-laws of their municipality are eligible for this certificate. In fact, the operating rules for a Tremblant vacation home rental are strict and only permit the short-term rental of residential homes in certain areas.


Before renting your home or condo as a tourist accommodations in Tremblant it’s important to take into consideration all the following requirements:


  • •Obtain a classification certificate from the Corporation de L’industrie Touristique du Quebec (CITQ) and display the on the front of the Tremblant vacation home rental.
  • Check beforehand that the home community where the accommodation is located allows short-term rentals.
  • Must have civil insurance of $ 2 million.
  • Pay the tax on accommodation, which must be billed to clients and paid to Revenu Québec. Its amount depends on the region. It usually amounts to $ 2 or $ 3 per night.
  • Collect and pay GST and QST.

CITQ Classfication Certificate Guide